26 May 2008

Timesink...

This game is a HUGE timesink, seriously.

I had a ton to do today mostly before 1pm when the appraiser for the refinance came out, and when I'd finished around 12:15pm, I logged into FFXI. Right now, it's 11pm. Know how much I've gotten accomplished in-game?

That's right, you guessed it, absofuckinglutely nothing.

Why not do Dynamis with SPE? Considering it's 84 degrees at my desk, and I'm only keeping this PC on long enough to post this... added to the fact my third-key called me to let me know I'd be opening tomorrow due to my manager's roaring case of the flu. On a side note, I'm getting a little sick of starter cities (tonight was Jeuno) - sure it's good to help out, but I'd rather get BLU to 75 as fast as I can.

So I've been sitting in-game, not finding ANYTHING to do. No exp parties, though several attempts (thanks for the comic relief Saskai - remember 72 death-weak BLU > 74 PLD vs Imps) and I have been VERY slowly getting exp solo on the Imps in Ilrusi Atoll, just outside the staging point, where they still con "Tough" to me. The exp's ooookay... but lack of Sea spells means it's taking me a LOT longer to kill these, so no high exp chains.

Periodically, I check to see if anyone worth two shits is on and not already engaged in some quest/mission/Dynamis/Limbus/whatever -- to no avail.

To say I'm smoldering just under the skin would be an accurate description. I've had the day off, and it's wasted since nothing was accomplished. [sigh]

Perhaps I'll do something constructive and watch a DVD or three before bed.

[Repost from prior blog, dated Wednesday 25-Jul-2007 11:07pm]

No comments:

Post a Comment